So its running how I like it

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 15:51:06 CET 2009

We use an ubuntu based PXE builder, but the same principle. We've
deployed half a dozen nagios instances so far, another dozen to do by
the end of the year.

The config is stored in subversion, installing nagios hasn't been
streamlined, as to be honest we rarely need to install from scratch.

(standard ubuntu-server build, with a few additions like ssh and snmpd)
apt-get install subversion apache2 expect libbit-vector-perl
libcalendar-simple-perl libcarp-clan-perl libconfig-inihash-perl
libdate-calc-perl libdate-manip-perl libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl
libdigest-hmac-perl libdigest-sha1-perl libgd-gd2-perl
libgraphics-magick-perl libhash-case-perl libhash-withdefaults-perl
libhtml-parser-perl libhtml-tagset-perl libhtml-tree-perl
libio-stringy-perl liblocale-gettext-perl libnagios-object-perl
libnet-daemon-perl libnet-dns-perl libnet-ip-perl
libnet-ping-external-perl libnet-snmp-perl libnet-socks-perl
libnet-telnet-perl libnumber-format-perl libpcre3 libperl5.8
libplrpc-perl librpc-xml-perl librrds-perl libterm-readkey-perl
libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl libtext-wrapi18n-perl
libtimedate-perl liburi-perl libwww-mechanize-perl libwww-perl
libxml-libxml-common-perl libxml-libxml-perl
libxml-namespacesupport-perl libxml-parser-perl libxml-sax-perl
libxml-simple-perl sqsh

su -
cd /
wget --user=username --password=pass
http://svn/config/nagios/nagios-base.tar.gz
tar -zxvf nagios-base.tar.gz
rm nagios-base.tar.gz
cd /usr/local/nagios
svn --username username --password username co
http://svn/config/nagios/libexec
svn co http://svn/config/bristol etc
addgroup --system nagios
adduser --system --home /usr/local/nagios --shell /bin/false
--no-create-home nagios
usermod -a -G nagios npf
usermod -a -G nagios www-data
chown -R nagios:nagios /usr/local/nagios
chmod -R g+rwX /usr/local/nagios
ln /usr/local/nagios/etc/apacheconfig
/etc/apache2/sites-available/nagios
ln /usr/local/nagios/etc/init.d.nagios /etc/init.d/nagios
ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/nagios /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
ln -s /usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libgd.so.1
/etc/init.d/apache2 reload
update-rc.d nagios defaults

cd /usr/local/nagios/var

--