ESXi Check

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Feb 17 22:46:03 CET 2009

>Hi Joseph -
>
>Check that nagios user can execute it at the command line like this:
>
>su - nagios -c "/full/path/to/check_command -and -parms -go -here"
>
>if it returns nothing, check the perms on the check_esx_wbem.py file ,
>if they are 755 or better, I would look at why nagios can't run
>python(?)...

Jamie,
Nagios user executed it fine. I am sure it's my implementation that is flawed.
I am guessing that my command_line    $USER13$/check_esx_wbem.py http://$HOSTADDRESS$:5989 $USER14$ $USER15$
is not right, can I nest variables this way and have them expand? Any way
to see what nagios is doing with the command? The logs only show the failures
but no detail?

Thanks!
jlc