ESXi Check

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Tue Feb 17 22:10:43 CET 2009

http://$HOSTADDRESS$:5989
> $USER14$ $USER15$
>         }
>
> In my template I have:
> define service{
>         use                     generic-service
>         host_name               host.example.com
>         service_description     ESXi Health
>         check_command           check-esxi-host
>         }
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?
> Thanks!
> jl

Hi Joseph -

Check that nagios user can execute it at the command line like this:

su - nagios -c "/full/path/to/check_command -and -parms -go -here"

if it returns nothing, check the perms on the check_esx_wbem.py file ,
if they are 755 or better, I would look at why nagios can't run
python(?)...

regards,
Jamie