CPU Critical

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Fri Feb 13 04:06:25 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:54:34 -0000, "Martyn" <martyn at chetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi All
>I have noticed whilst monitoring my NT server the CPU load level has been at
>critical status for 3d 8h 29m 32s and sitting at 100%,  this is good news
>from a monitoring point of view as it was spotted, however I need to solve
>it.

>I know I can just jump on to my server and look at the processors I would
>find what was hogging it but is there a plugin/module or add-on that I can
>use to see what processors maxing out.

If you're any good at scripting, you can tinker with the WMI script
from here:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3560366/Monitor-CPU-Usage-of-All-Running-Processes--Part-I.htm

It's a WMI script that will walk through all the processes, and return
the CPU usage.  With some tweaking, you can probably sort the results,
add the values, and use it as a CPU counter, and return the top
process as part of the check.
--
Jon Angliss