vrml_image parameter apparently not working

Bruce Thayre bthayre at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 11 02:34:53 CET 2009

Hello,
So i'm trying to beautify my nagios system a bit, and my host, and
serviceextinfo.cfg files seem to be working for the most part, the
relavent portions being:

define hostextinfo{
        host_name       *
        icon_image      rack4.gif
#       icon_image_alt  rack4.gif
        vrml_image      rack4.png
        statusmap_image rack4.gd2
        }

however the vrml_image parameter does not seem to be doing what it
should.  My understanding was that each host on the 3d map would be
textured according to the provided .png, and currently mine still have
the default boring texture.  I'm currently running nagios 3.04.  And
also, is there any straightforward way to manage how the hosts are
oriented in both the status and 3d maps (other than the provided 6 or so
layout methods)?  I would really like to see my status maps organized
very distinctly by host groups, right now i'm monitoring 120+ machines
and would like some type of balanced tree/circular layout mix.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!