how is "Service check Latency" defined in nagios?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 00:32:39 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Max <perldork at webwizarddesign.com> wrote:

> Yes, definitely do that.  I talk about how my team set up nagios and
> PNP to minimize delays in polling on my blog, though be warned that we
> break some of the rules that the documentation says to always follow,
> like doing a fork() in a NEB module and setting inter-check delay
> methods to n .. none.  so while it works for us I know that a number
> of people on this list would probably balk at how we did things and
> call us idiots :).

Thanks again Max! I think sometimes one is forced to disobey the "standard
prescriptions"! Maybe that is "idiotic" but whatever works! :)

> http://www.semintelligent.com/blog/

Thanks for the blog. Just found a very useful snippet there: "ps -e -a -x -f
-o %u | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn" there. If I use this I find that the
"nagios" owned processes seem to fluctuate a lot. Suddenly it goes as high
as 54 and then for a while it owns only 3 processes. Then it shoots up
again. Very interesting. Maybe that is the phenomenon you were referring to?
I should probably wrap it in a bash wrapper and get it to graph the nagios
processes in a 1 sec resolution to get a finer-time-grained idea of what is
going on!

--
Rahul