normal_check_interval misbehaving?

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Mon Feb 9 15:53:28 CET 2009

> is the active-service template set to check freshness, if so what is its
> value? I suspect the check results are getting stale and forcing an
> active check, this can be verified from the nagios logs on the nagios
> server though (perhaps depending on logging options?)

Thanks Hiren, the check_freshness value for active services is enabled,
and the threshold is set to 5 minutes, but there is no check_command set
for it.  I don't think I've ever had active checks go stale, so I'm going
to try turning that value off to see what happens.

Thanks for the idea, I never would have thought of this one!

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

   From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
     "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

   "I have great faith in fools:
      Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe