peer review debian check

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:38:29 CET 2009

Hiya

I was hoping someone would be kind to peer review my service check.

I got a nrpe check to check that the debian packages on my servers are
up to date. I would like for this check to run once a day.

This is what I was able to come up with.

define service{
         use                     generic-service
         hostgroup_name          debian-packages
         service_description     Debian Packages
         check_command           check_nrpe!check_debian_updates
         notification_interval   1440
         is_volatile             0
         check_period            24x7
         normal_check_interval   5
         retry_check_interval    1
         max_check_attempts      10
         notification_period     24x7
         }

Is this correct, if not, would someone be kind enough to point me on the
correct path so that i can achieve this check.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark