Nagios stops updating

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Mon Dec 28 18:35:00 CET 2009

I want to say this is a FAQ, as I seem to recall seeing something
about this behavior before, but I didn't find anything with a quick
search, and I don't thing there was any real solution posted, so I'm
going to ask now. I am running Nagios 3.2.0 on OpenBSD 4.6. I have
found that from time to time nagios will simply stop updating. No
errors will be produced, and the nagios log will show normal operation
right up until it stops updating. After that, nothing. I have
implemented a work around of a script that checks for this and
restarts nagios if needed, but obviously this is a sub-optimal
solution. Has anyone  seen this behavior before that might have some
idea how I can fix it? Or does anyone have a suggestion as to how I
can go about debugging it? Thanks.
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.