Unable to log in to Nagios

Chris Blake chris.blake at tauspace.com
Fri Dec 11 11:36:05 CET 2009

n Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Martin Melin <mmelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> From the quickstart:
>
> "5) Configure the Web Interface
>
> [...]
>
> Create a nagiosadmin account for logging into the Nagios web
> interface. Remember the password you assign to this account - you'll
> need it later.
>
> htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
>
> [...]"
>
> Your htpasswd file probably either does not contain what you think it
> does, or is not where it should be. Try re-creating it and using a
> very simple password.
>
> Regards,
> Martin Melin

Hi Martin, thank you for your reply.

I re-did those steps a number of times already, restarting Apache each time.

I used a simple password, 123, and this is the result of that command :

[root at nagios ~]# cat /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpassword.users
nagiosadmin:as6UMfOBi.VLI

I am still getting bounced back to the login screen.

Is the problem perhaps occurring with Apache ?

--
Regards

Chris Blake
TAU SPACE