Async Nagios Logging

Breandan Dezendorf breandan at dezendorf.com
Tue Dec 8 19:28:30 CET 2009

I'm trying to figure out how to make nagios write it's logs
asynchronously.  I can push the logs into syslog, which I can force
into async mode, but the format of logs it generates don't match up
with the logs in nagios.log, and initial tests to have the CGI's read
those logs have been fruitless.

For what it's worth, I'm getting about 700 check results a second to
the main nagios instances, on RHEL 5.  I'm also running pnp4nagios and
NDOUtils.

Anyone have any suggestions for making the main daemon write in an
async fashion?

--
Breandan Dezendorf
breandan at dezendorf.com