check_disk_smb problem

David Wallis wallis at aps.anl.gov
Tue Dec 8 18:41:21 CET 2009

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a NAS with a SMB share enable on it.
>
> I want to monitor it using check_disk_smb plugin, but it gives me the
> error :
>
> "Result from smbclient not suitable"
>
> Has someone an idea ?

You're giving check_disk_smb some parameters that your NAS device
doesn't like, or you're omitting one or more parameters that it needs.

You need to carefully go over your service definition and check command,
and run the actual command from the command line to see how the NAS
device is responding. I believe that that check command accepts a '-v'
(verbose output) option that will probably help you.

--
David Wallis
Information Technology