check_ssh and check_ping not working with NRPE on remote host

ReynierPM rperezm at uci.cu
Tue Dec 8 18:13:37 CET 2009

Hi every:
I've experimenting some problems when trying to use check_ssh and
check_ping plugins. The configuration at remote server (where NRPE
resides) is as follow:

command[check_ssh]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh
command[check_ping]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%

And then at server where .cfg resides the config is this one:
define service{
         host_name                       bacula-server
         service_description             SSH
         check_command                   check_nrpe!check_ssh
         notifications_enabled           0
}

define service{
         host_name                       bacula-server
         service_description             PING
         check_command                   check_nrpe!check_ping
}

The error for check_ping command is this:
NRPE: Unable to read output
and for check_ssh is this:
check_ssh: Could not parse arguments

What I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing?
--
Cheers and thanks in advance
ReynierPM