NSCA strange behaviour

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Dec 8 17:52:50 CET 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 4:40 AM, Cedric Jeanneret wrote:

> - Enbling debug for nsca on server01 doesn't show me anything interesting. I just don't see where nsca catch up client22 status, and it keeps on saying :
> Warning: The results of host 'client22.domain.lt' are stale by 0d 0h 2m 0s (threshold=0d 0h 6m 0s).  I'm forcing an immediate check of the host.
>
> On another hand, it shows me:
> [1260267958.216051] [016.1] [pid=23191] Check results for service 'Cron service' on host 'client22.domain.lt' are fresh.

What do they show? What you've quoted here doesn't come from NSCA (that I can tell from a simple grep). --

nsca-2.7.2]# grep -r 'are fresh' *
nsca-2.7.2]#

I'm sure that comes from nagios via nagios.log, not NSCA. Are you sure you're looking in the right place? It's typically in /var/log/messages.

How are you running nsca? daemon mode or via inetd? If inetd, is inetd rejecting the connection?

--
Marc