Hardware requirements

Onotsky, Steve x55328 Steve.Onotsky at broadridge.com
Tue Dec 1 16:38:14 CET 2009

I would strongly recommend that you not put Nagios on the SSDs; the
amount of writes/deletes would burn up the flash cells on the drives
very quickly, especially with the number of hosts that you plan to
monitor.

For the OS, yes, I recommend SSDs (just not swap space), but for
applications that tend to change data frequently, I recommend you get a
couple of platter drives.

Cheers,
Steve.

attachments from your system.