nsclient++ check_nt USEDDISKSPACE Segmentation fault

Massimo Balestra massimobalestra at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:48:57 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

I have a configuration with a Nagios monitoring some linux servers and few
Windows ones.

I have a problem monitoring the USEDDISKSPACE on one drive of one of the
windows servers.

It is a Windows Server  2003 R2 Standard edition (Service pack 2).

The problem occurs after I did the last Windows Update last Friday. Before
it was working.

I am using nsclient++

C:\>"C:\Program Files\NSClient++\\NSClient++.exe" -version

l NSClient++.cpp(360) NSClient++ Version: 0.3.6.818 2009-06-14, Plattform:
w32

And, on the Nagios site, check_nt:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt --version

check_nt v1991 (nagios-plugins 1.4.13)

I show the problem running the plug-in from the command line because it
shows better what happens.

The windows server has 2 disks (2 raid partitions): c and d

The problem is:

If I run the USEDDISKSPACE on the drive D everything is OK.

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H servername -p 12489 -s password -v
USEDDISKSPACE -l d ; echo $?

d:\ - total: 182.12 Gb - used: 14.56 Gb (8%) - free 167.56 Gb (92%) | 'd:\
Used Space'=14.56Gb;0.00;0.00;0.00;182.12

0

But if I run the same identical command on the drive c.

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H servername -p 12489 -s password -v
USEDDISKSPACE -l c ; echo $?

Segmentation fault

139

I tried running the nsclient++ service in both ways: as administrator (with
password) and as system account (allowing service to interact with the
desktop)  with the same results.

Does anybody knows what is the problem and how to solve it?

Note: I tried to stop the nsclient++ service and run it from the command
line with the option /test.

It works. No error is shown and the ckeck_nt result is what I expect. So
this segmentation fauld in the linux/Nagios site occurs only what nsclient++
runs as a service.

Thank you for the help.

Massimo

Reno, NV, USA.