Internal server error while opening trends/histogram/map cgi's

Sowmya Dass sowmya.dass at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:11:01 CEST 2009

Hello

I have installed Nagios 3.2.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4
(Nahant Update 6). I am able to see the web interface for Nagios.

Earlier i had missing trend.cgi, statusmap.cgi and histogram.cgi. Initially
I had missed out installing the gd libraries. Then later I installed the gd
libraries and tried reconfiguring and re-installing nagios. During configure
it did say that it could find the GD libraries. Some of the things did work
out eg: gif image displays.

I configured using command : ./configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib
--with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include --with-command-group=nagcmd

But I see that, when i try to click on the links for trends/histogram/map I
get the below error:
 Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, you at example.com and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

I tried doing ldd for following cgi's :

[root at lon-engbuild66 sbin]# ldd histogram.cgi
        *libgd.so.2 => not found*
        libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x06f79000)
*        libjpeg.so.7 => not found*
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x00d79000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x00c2a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x00af3000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00ad9000)

I get similar message's for statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi. But I checked and
I have the shared objects present under /usr/local/lib.

I dont understand why this error is coming up still.

Please help me resolve this.

Regards

Sowmya Dass