Nagios Start-up Failure

Fri Aug 28 09:27:35 CEST 2009

Wheeler, Jonathan (STFC,RAL,ESC) wrote:
> [...]
Interesting observation! I haven't tried it, but one possible way to
address this is by putting the command pipe file into a directory that
is read-only to everybody but user Nagios. As long as the cron jobs run
as a different user (and not as user root, who can always write
anywhere), they would not be able to create ordinary files in that
directory, but they would still be able to access the pipe once Nagios
creates it.

Of course you would then possibly have to handle any errors within the
cron scripts.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.