Service dependences

刘兰涛 liulantao at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 04:40:33 CEST 2009

hi, shacky

   normally we should define the services first, and then give a servicedependency defination to describe the dependency.
   a general skeleton may be like this:

   define service{
     host_name	somehost
     service_description  NRPE
     check_command  some!command!
     ...  ; other stuffs
   }
   define service{
     host_name	otherhost
     service_description  nrpeservice
     check_command  some!command!
     ...  ; other stuffs
   }

define servicedependency{
     host_name    somehost
     service_description    NRPE
     #dependent_host_name   otherhost
     dependent_service_description  nrpeservice
     execution_failure_criteria  w,c
}

for more detailed documentation, see http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#servicedependency.