Setting up un-authenticated users

Kevin Freels kfreels at sendmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:01:29 CEST 2009

Okay, I think I found part of the answer. Setting the default user to
"guest" *and* setting "use_authentication=0" seems to get me past the
"Warning" screen. It seems you need both set to work.

But now when I try to use any of the external commands, I get another
message:

Error: Could not open command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'
for update!

I did the "make install-config" which sets the perms for the nagios.cmd
file/directory, and in fact, after starting nagios the file is created
as a pipe (as documented):

[09:56:09 root rockwell:/usr/local/nagios/var/rw] ls -la
total 8
drwxrwsr-x. 2 nagios nagios 4096 2009-08-21 09:55 .
drwxrwxr-x. 5 nagios nagios 4096 2009-08-21 09:56 ..
prw-rw----  1 nagios nagios    0 2009-08-21 09:55 nagios.cmd

So I'm stumped....

Bueller? Bueller?

....k