parent/child host relationship and vif

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:50:11 CEST 2009

I am monitoring bunch of vif which is served by one actual host.  Is it
possible to achieve the following just by defining host/service definition

host - A

vif1.com has parent A

vif2.com has parent B

vif3.com has parent C

I am checking the following url with check_http plugin

vif1.com/someurl
vif2.com/someurl
vif3.com/someurl

What I am trying to achieve is that if host A goes down none of services
with all three vif will not alert since they have parent/child
relationship.   Please advise on this.  thanks

--
Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman