nagios sent alert to wrong contact

Seth Simmons ssimmons at cymfony.com
Tue Aug 11 03:51:29 CEST 2009

I have a service defined in my config that should send warning,
critical, recovery to david, who is the only contact defined for that
service.

If I go in nagios to configuration - services, it shows that service and
the contacts as being david and me (though I'm not specifically
defined).

The service went to warning briefly and sent an email to me.  After
looking at the event log, it shows sending a notice to me, but not to
david (yes the contacts are defined correctly).

Why would that be?

Running nagios 3.1.2 on centos 5.3

Seth Simmons

Systems Administrator