nagios taking too long to start

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Aug 10 11:06:35 CEST 2009

shadih rahman wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have sizeable installation of nagios server.  I have two server with
> failover setup.  Since I am using ndo, my server takes a long time to start
> up.  While my primary servers doing initial insertion and deletion, my
> backup thinks primary is not in service so it starts notifications instead
> of primary.

Which version of Nagios are you using? 3.1.2 has a tremendous improvement
in startup time thanks to a patch by Jean Gabès, which cuts away some
quadratic behaviour when verifying host->parent relationships. If your
configuration is that large you might gain up to a minute or more in startup
times by using the latest and greatest Nagios.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.