NDOUtils mysql question?

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:03:18 CEST 2009

Our Nagios server also has Cacti on it. I'm pretty sure that Cacti uses
an InnoDB database, while NDOUtils uses myISAM. The two are backed up
differently (example: mysqlhotcopy doesn't working on InnoDB databases).
Does anyone know what mysql command you run to determine which type of
DB is used for various databases, especially considering you can run
multiple types at once? I know I can use "mysqlshow" or the "show
databases;" options to show the databases themselves, but it doesn't
list the DB type. Using mysqlshow with a -t and a DB name shows the
table types, but again, not the database types. I'm sort of stuck on
this. I want to make sure I know what DB types I'm dealing with so I can
ensure I'm backing them up properly. Google searches aren't helping...
the results all go back to the "mysql versus innodb" debate...

--

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan