Audio Alert

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Apr 29 21:55:49 CEST 2009

2009/4/29 Eduardo Barreto <lecb79 at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> Try to use sms notification through Nagios, I've installed sms_client, but
> ain't got a clue on how to set it. What do I have to do to get notifications
> via sms?

Are you able to send a message using sms_client from the command-line?
 If not you need to get that working first.  sms_client is not part of
Nagios, so you will need to look for documentation, FAQ lists and so
on on their web site http://www.smsclient.org/

Once you are happy that you can send an sms message from the command
line, you can start thinking about how to use it for Nagios
notifications.  Configure new command definitions in Nagios which uses
 sms_client and configure your contact definition to use the new
command definitions instead of notify_service_by_email or
notify_host_by_email.  See
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/notifications.html for more
information.