Host shows down due to ping block on firewall

mohandas.k at tcs.com mohandas.k at tcs.com
Mon Apr 27 09:07:17 CEST 2009

Hi James,

Thanks it is working after changing as check_ssh.

Rgds,
Mohandas Kudva K

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
04/23/2009 06:09 PM

mohandas.k at tcs.com
cc
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Host shows down due to ping block on firewall

You can also use check_ssh as your check_command argument in your hosts
file.

James Moseley

<mohandas.k at tcs.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have started to do monitoring of some hosts which are behind the
firewall
and PING (ICMP) is block on firewall. so I have exculded  ping service in
localhosts.cfg file and as well as check-host-alive option also from host
template but still Nagios web interface shows host as "DOWN" RED Color in
host status web interface.

I think this is happening due to PING block on firewall.

However ssh and nrpe port are opened on firewall to do monitoring of host
resources. other services are showing OK in green color associate to this
host.

Please let me know how can we enforce nagios to shows that   HOST is UP in
host status web interface.

ForwardSourceID:NT00000F5E
and any attachments. Thank you