Host shows down due to ping block on firewall

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Apr 23 14:39:29 CEST 2009

You can also use check_ssh as your check_command argument in your hosts
file.

James Moseley

<mohandas.k at tcs.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have started to do monitoring of some hosts which are behind the firewall
and PING (ICMP) is block on firewall. so I have exculded  ping service in
localhosts.cfg file and as well as check-host-alive option also from host
template but still Nagios web interface shows host as "DOWN" RED Color in
host status web interface.

I think this is happening due to PING block on firewall.

However ssh and nrpe port are opened on firewall to do monitoring of host
resources. other services are showing OK in green color associate to this
host.

Please let me know how can we enforce nagios to shows that   HOST is UP in
host status web interface.