HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI.

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 16:58:28 CEST 2009

Jimmy,
     Try the following and this should take care of it.  Thanks

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi"

Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios"

<Directory "/usr/share/nagios">
#  SSLRequireSSL
  Options None
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
  AuthName "Nagios Access"
  AuthType Basic
  AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
  Require valid-user
</Directory>

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Jimmyboy <jimmyjose2980 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ankush,
>
> This is already done, but still the issue exists.
> The only difference is the username nagiosadmin as in my case.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM, ankush grover <grover1711 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Jimmy,
>>
>> You need to enable authentication in cgi.cfg.
>>
>> use_authentication=1
>>
>> authorized_for_all_host_commands=admin
>> authorized_for_all_hosts=admin
>> authorized_for_all_service_commands=admin
>> authorized_for_all_services=admin
>> authorized_for_configuration_information=admin
>> authorized_for_system_commands=admin
>> authorized_for_system_information=admin
>>

>> Something like this in nagios.conf file for apache (On my linux box
>> that is centos 5.x it is /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf)
>>
>> <Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi">
>> #  SSLRequireSSL
>>   Options ExecCGI
>>   AllowOverride None
>>   Order allow,deny
>>   Allow from all
>> #  Order deny,allow
>> #  Deny from all
>> #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
>>   AuthName "Nagios Access"
>>   AuthType Basic
>>   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
>>   Require valid-user
>> </Directory>
>>
>> Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios"
>>
>> <Directory "/usr/share/nagios">
>> #  SSLRequireSSL
>>   Options None
>>   AllowOverride None
>>   Order allow,deny
>>   Allow from all
>> #  Order deny,allow
>> #  Deny from all
>> #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
>>   AuthName "Nagios Access"
>>   AuthType Basic
>>   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
>>   Require valid-user
>> </Directory>
>>

>> Now use htpasswd command to generate htpasswd.users file with user admin.
>>
>> htpasswd -c /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users   admin
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Ankush
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Jimmyboy <jimmyjose2980 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have installed Apache2.2.9 using the source file
>> > 'Apache2_2.2.9.orig.tar.gz'.
>> > Nagios 3.0.6 is also installed on Ubuntu Intrepid OS using the
>> Quickstart
>> > Guide. I am able to open http://localhost/nagios.
>> >
>> > However, certain entities on the left pane, such as 'Process Info',
>> 'Network
>> > Outages', etc are not getting opened. They error out with the following
>> > message.
>> >
>> > "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
>> any
>> > of the hosts you requested... If you believe this is an error, check the
> [...]

Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman