Doubt about email notifications

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Apr 27 04:24:37 CEST 2009

On Sunday, 19 April 2009 22:02:44 -0300,
Daniel Bareiro wrote:

> On Tuesday, 14 April 2009 07:11:28 -0500,
> Marc Powell wrote:

> > > On the other hand, I would like also to know if it is possible to
> > > define the maximum number of notifications that are sent.
> > >
> > > I read exist variables that allow to configure both things using
> > > escalations, although I do not have defined escalations.

> > yes, I believe an escalation would do for this. I haven't done this
> > but I expect you could set your first notification to the number of
> > the last notification you want to receive (i.e. 3 for the third
> > notification) and your last notification to some high number (99).
> > Create a contact with a notification period of 'none' and set it as
> > the contact for the escalation.

> It seems a good idea :-) I am going to try it and any doubt I will
> consult you again.

With a little more of time, I was reading about escalations and, to
where I could see, these are created by host and services. Unless there
is a general form to define the escalations, I don't believe that it is
practical considering that I have 291 services and 58 hosts.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37