NDOutil problem

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Apr 20 18:24:49 CEST 2009

2009/4/20 kaouther mechri <kmechri at gmail.com>:
> Dear all, I need t install ndoutil 1.4b7 for my nagios 3.
>
> I've Msql-devel-5.1.33
> I installed ndoutils with the following command
>
> ./configure --disable-pgsql --enable-mysql --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
> --with mysql-include=/usr/include/mysql
> configure and make were ok.
>
> but when I want to run ndo2db I have the following error message
>
> /usr/local/nagios/bin/ndo2db -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg
>
> "Support for the specified database server is either not yet supported or
> was not found on your system"
> I tried to connect to the database with the user/pass specified in
> ndo2db.cfg and all things are ok
>
> Do you have an idea please
> kind regards
> kaouther

In your configuration file /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg, you
should have the following:

  # DATABASE SERVER TYPE
  # This option determines what type of DB server the daemon should
  # connect to.
  # Values:
  #       mysql = MySQL
  #       pgsql = PostgreSQL

  db_servertype=mysql

I don't know if it helps you at all, but when I ran configure I didn't
bother specifying any options.