Windows plugins

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Sat Apr 18 20:23:17 CEST 2009

2009/4/18  <mohandas.k at tcs.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am planing to monitor windows machine also using Nagios NRPE. I have
> installed windows NRPE on windows box and downloaded some available plugins
> also. all are working fine and I am able to do monitoring for windows
> machiness too.
>
>  but I want plugins which can give output in usage rather than free (which
> is default for any plugins, if am not wrong) for following resources :
>
> (1) Memory utilization
>
> (2) Swap Utilization
>
> (3) CPU Utilization
>
> However for Unix I have created my own script (memory usage rather that
> memory free) for such output but for windows, have no idea :)

Have you considered using NSClient++ instead?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nscplus

NSClient++ is designed to be queried using nrpe.  It can also be
queried by check_nt.  You can use your custom plugins with NSClient++
too.

See also:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/monitoring-windows.html

Cheers,