OS Change Management Auditing using Nagios?

Ken Netzorg knetzorg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:16:58 CEST 2009

Thanks, Kevin.
You do raise a valid point about knowing what is changing in the general
updates vs what is un-authorized and knowing the difference. My, possibly
naive, thought is that I could batch updates/patches and make the assumption
the changes are due to that process, but there is that chance something
changes in that period as well..... If nothing else, changes at 2am or off
hours would hopefully raise an alarm to be investigated.

I'll take a look at Tripwire in more depth (I glanced at it briefly and
wasn't sure if it was too involved for what I was looking for or not) as
well as open-audit.

Thanks.
Ken