downtime scheduling

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Apr 14 18:11:44 CEST 2009

2009/4/14 Anirudh Srinivasan <srianirudh at gmail.com>:
> When we schedule a downtime for a host does it mean it automatically
> schedules a downtime for its services also?
> I remember when we were patching our servers , we scheduled downtime for the
> entire hostgroup by selecting "schedule downtime for all host in this
> hostgroup". Inspite of it we still got alerts for few services under certail
> hosts. Should we select "schedule downtime for all the services in this
> hostgroup" ?
>
> Can some one explain me what this is all about and how does it work?
> Thank you very much
> --
> Anirudh Srinivasan

If you schedule downtime for the host, then this should stop
notifications both for the host and the services.

If you have this problem again, please check the Nagios logs and post
some more detail about it.  I've noticed on earlier versions of Nagios
you could sometimes get notifications through for hosts which were in
downtime for a brief period following restart of the Nagios daemon.

Cheers,

Jim