downtime scheduling

Anirudh Srinivasan srianirudh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:22:30 CEST 2009

When we schedule a downtime for a host does it mean it automatically
schedules a downtime for its services also?
I remember when we were patching our servers , we scheduled downtime for the
entire hostgroup by selecting "schedule downtime for all host in this
hostgroup". Inspite of it we still got alerts for few services under certail
hosts. Should we select "schedule downtime for all the services in this
hostgroup" ?

Can some one explain me what this is all about and how does it work?
Thank you very much
--
Anirudh Srinivasan