No notifications while restarting any services on remote host

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Tue Apr 14 09:40:33 CEST 2009

> When you restart something like a tomcat server, it takes to short a
> time for Nagios to notice. If you want a notice when something is
> restarted, write a script that checks the root PID of the process
> and make this generate an email. I don't Nagios is very well suited
> for this operation, but a small script written in <your favourite
> language> can do it without much problems. Example:

There were a few errors in that - see this for fewer bugs: Fixed up
version here http://karlsbakk.net/nagios/pidcheck.sh.txt
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685 / 98013356
roy at karlsbakk.net
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er en elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å