Files Missing While upgrading.

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Apr 14 03:56:35 CEST 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Jai Ram wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded nagios from version 2.8 to 3.0.6 on Solaris-10. When
> I was going through upgrade it has requested me for
> statusmap.cgi,histogram.cgi and trends.cgi, was not found so I
> copied it from version 2.8.
>
> ** Is this because the above three files belongs to Version 2.8, If
> so how would i get those three files for Nagios-3.0.6. I looked in
> to Nagios-3.0.6 and those three files are missing. So how do I
> compile them for Nagios-3.0.6**

It's because the GD libs (devel) are not installed or were not found
in standard locations. There's a FAQ entry for it but it looks like
the FAQ is broken right now. Examine the output of ./configure or
config.log for information and links.

if the GD devel libraries are installed, you may need to pass their
location to ./configure with --

--with-gd-lib=DIR sets location of the gd library
--with-gd-inc=DIR sets location of the gd include files

--
Marc