Files Missing While upgrading.

Jai Ram jaiho8 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 01:10:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have upgraded nagios from version 2.8 to 3.0.6 on Solaris-10. When I was
going through upgrade it has requested me for *statusmap.cgi*,*histogram.cgi
* and *trends.cgi*, was not found so I copied it from version 2.8.

** Is this because the above three files belongs to Version 2.8, If so how
would i get those three files for Nagios-3.0.6. I looked in to Nagios-3.0.6
and those three files are missing. So how do I compile them for
Nagios-3.0.6**

**When I try to access from webinterface below is the situation I am facing.

When I click trends on the webinterface

Host and Service State Trends
Last Updated: Mon Apr 13 18:56:33 EDT 2009
Logged in as *nagiosadmin*
- Notifications are disabled
- Service checks are disabled

 When I click Alert Histogram on the webinterface

Whoops!

*Error: Could not read object configuration data!*

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Verify configuration options using the *-v* command-line option to
   check for errors.
   2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status
   data errors.
   3. Make sure you've compiled the main program and the CGIs to use the
   same object data storage options (i.e. default text file or template-based
   file).

Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and running
Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a
message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at
http://www.nagios.org.

and when I click Status Map on webinterface

Whoops!

*Error: Could not read object configuration data!*

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Verify configuration options using the *-v* command-line option to
   check for errors.
   2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status
   data errors.
   3. Make sure you've compiled the main program and the CGIs to use the
   same object data storage options (i.e. default text file or template-based
   file).

Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and running
Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a
message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at
http://www.nagios.org

Any help in this is highly appreciated. <http://www.nagios.org/>

Thanks <http://www.nagios.org/>

Jai.