"strange" warnings from the config files

Edgar Matzinger Edgar.Matzinger at valid.nl
Tue Apr 7 13:16:53 CEST 2009

Hi Morton,

> How come that I get a warning if I omit the "check_period" on services
> while it seems to be ok to leave it out on the hosts?

  according the documentation (http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/
objectdefinitions.html), check_period is mandatory for both hosts and
services! And thus, nagios should report an error in both occasions!

Sorry, cu l8r, Edgar.
--
    |\  /| :                                : Addr: Valid Eindhoven B.V.
 /  | \/ | :     Edgar R. Matzinger         :       t.a.v. E.R. Matzinger
Disclaimer: Any comments, opinions made are mine, etc ...