Monitor Windows Server using Nagios

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Apr 7 00:28:03 CEST 2009

The error message here is about as descriptive as they get: You need to
make sure each service has max_attempts, check_interval, retry_interval,
and notification_interval defined.  You can do that either in the service
itself, or in a template that service is based on. Since that service is
based on generic-service, you could define those there if you want.

The fact that you're monitoring windows is irrelevent here; these
requirements apply to any service Nagios monitors.

I noticed you're also using the Nagios 3 docs as a reference to
configuring your Nagios 2.1 installation, so be prepared for that to
shoot you in the foot later, too.