Monitor Windows Server using Nagios

Dei Bertine deibertine at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 00:03:22 CEST 2009

Hi List:
I'm setting up Nagios to monitor my Windows server, NSClient installed on the windows server.
I followed the directions in the link below:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/monitoring-windows.html
I have created most of the config files within Nagios however when I verify the result, it's coming up with this error:
Nagios 2.10
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 10-21-2007
License: GPL
Reading configuration data...
Error: Invalid max_attempts, check_interval, retry_interval, or notification_interval value for service 'C:\ Drive Space' on host 'winsrv.domain.com'
Error: Could not register service (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/windows.cfg', starting on line 33)
***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...
     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

Here's my windows.cfg file:

# Define a host for the Windows machine we'll be monitoring
# Change the host_name, alias, and address to fit your situation

define service{
use                     generic-service
host_name               winsrv.domain.com
service_description     NSClient++ Version
check_command           check_nt!CLIENTVERSION
}

define service{
use                     generic-service
host_name               winsrv.domain.com
service_description     Uptime
check_command           check_nt!UPTIME
}

define service{
use                     generic-service
host_name               winsrv.domain.com
service_description     CPU Load
check_command           check_nt!CPULOAD!-l 5,80,90
}

define service{
use                     generic-service
host_name               winsrv.domain.com
service_description     Memory Usage
check_command           check_nt!MEMUSE!-w 80 -c 90
}

define service{
use                     generic-service
host_name               winsrv.domain.com
service_description     C:\ Drive Space
check_command           check_nt!USEDDISKSPACE!-l c -w 80 -c 90
}

define service{
use                     generic-service
host_name               winsrv.domain.com
service_description     W3SVC
check_command           check_nt!SERVICESTATE!-d SHOWALL -l W3SVC
}

Here's my winserver.cfg file:
define host{
        use                             always
        host_name                       winsrv.domain.com
        alias                           Winsrv
        address                         172.168.2.234
        }

Here's my windows-server file in hostgroups:
define host{
        name                            windows-server  ; The name of this host template
        use                             generic-host    ; Inherit default values from the generic-host template
        check_period                    24x7            ; By default, Windows servers are monitored round the clock
        check_interval                  5               ; Actively check the server every 5 minutes
        max_check_attempts              10              ; Check each server 10 times (max)
        check_command                   check-host-alive        ; Default command to check if servers are "alive"
        notification_period             24x7            ; Send notification out at any time - day or night
        notification_interval           30              ; Resend notifications every 30 minutes
        notification_options            d,r             ; Only send notifications for specific host states
        contact_groups                  admininstrators          ; Notifications get sent to the admins by default
        hostgroups                      windows-servers ; Host groups that Windows servers should be a member of
        register                        1               ; REGISTER THIS -
        }

I need help, please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

DB