pnp4nagios memory issues

Network Operation Center FMC Luxemburg NOC at eurofmc.com
Mon Apr 6 15:53:08 CEST 2009

Marco,

That is a PHP problem.

You mus increase th memory allocation in your php.ini file, i.e :

memory_limit = 64M

François

Marco Tirado wrote:
> Hello people:
>
> I have changed the configuration of the RRA files for my pnp graphs
> and now I seem to have some memory issues this is the error I see in
> the pnp4nagios graphs:
>
> "/Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried
> to allocate 40 bytes) in
> /usr/local/nagios/share/pnp/include/function.inc.php on line 1411/"
>
> My rra.cfg configuration file looks like this:
>
> /#
> # PNP RRA config
> #
> # The estimated size of the files will be
> #
> # 2880 entries with 1 minute step = 48 houres
> #
> RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:2880
> #
> # 210240 entries with 5 minute step = 2 years
> #
> RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:5:210240
>

> RRA:MAX:0.5:1:2880
> RRA:MIN:0.5:5:210240
>
> RRA:MAX:0.5:1:2880
> RRA:MIN:0.5:5:210240
>
> /As you can see we need 5 minute precission for 2 years in our graphs,
> this results into 5M rrd files for one measuring point/.
> /
> I have tried changing the "memory_limit " in my php.ini file from 8M
> up to 256M and restarted apache every time but the problem persists.
> Is there a hardcoded memory limit in the
> //usr/local/nagios/share/pnp/include/function.inc.php /file? has
> anybody seen this problem before?
>
> Any help hint, recommendatoin or comment is deeply appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Marco

Network Operation Center

        LUXEMBURG

E-mail: NOC at eurofmc.com

_DISCLAIMER_: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all
of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient
only.  If an addressing or  transmission error  has misdirected this
e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you
are not the  intended recipient  you must not use, copy, distribute,
disclose, print, or rely on this e-mail.