pnp4nagios memory issues

Marco Tirado marco.tirado at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:18:44 CEST 2009

Hello people:

I have changed the configuration of the RRA files for my pnp graphs and now
I seem to have some memory issues this is the error I see in the pnp4nagios
graphs:

"*Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 40 bytes) in /usr/local/nagios/share/pnp/include/function.inc.php
on line 1411*"

My rra.cfg configuration file looks like this:

*#
# PNP RRA config
#
# The estimated size of the files will be
#
# 2880 entries with 1 minute step = 48 houres
#
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:2880
#
# 210240 entries with 5 minute step = 2 years
#
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:5:210240

RRA:MAX:0.5:1:2880
RRA:MIN:0.5:5:210240

RRA:MAX:0.5:1:2880
RRA:MIN:0.5:5:210240

*As you can see we need 5 minute precission for 2 years in our graphs, this
results into 5M rrd files for one measuring point*.
*
I have tried changing the "memory_limit " in my php.ini file from 8M up to
256M and restarted apache every time but the problem persists. Is there a
hardcoded memory limit in the
*/usr/local/nagios/share/pnp/include/function.inc.php
*file? has anybody seen this problem before?

Any help hint, recommendatoin or comment is deeply appreciated

Regards

Marco