NRPE vs local check_procs = different result?

Aaron Largent aaron.largent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:42:49 CEST 2009

I am getting different results from NRPE than the local commands that NRPE
is supopsed to be running.  I am trying to understand if I am doing
something wrong, or if I am hitting a bug.  the process is NOT running, and
the local command verifies this.  the NRPE command from the server is saying
it IS running, though.

any help is appreciated!

-------- from the client being monitored

# grep alljunk /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg
command[procs_alljunka]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_procs -w 1: -c 1: -a
'/usr/sbin/alljunk'
# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_procs -c 1: -c 1: -a '/usr/sbin/alljunk'
PROCS CRITICAL: 0 processes with args '/usr/sbin/alljunk'

-------- from the nagios server
# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H xx.xx.xx.xx -c procs_alljunka
PROCS OK: 1 process with args '/usr/sbin/alljunk'