Data is stale

Peter Lauda plauda at csky.com
Wed Apr 1 19:54:38 CEST 2009

I've got Nagios 3.0.2 running under the HP SIM software and I've encountered
this problem.

Several service checks give the result of "WARNING data is stale" using nrpe
to check those services. There are no real indications of problems but these
messages are consistent for certain services.

Might anyone have any thoughts on what I can check to get these fixed? On
some systems the same checks work just fine. Others, not so much. data is
stale is all I ever see.

Thanks for any input.

Peter J. Lauda
Senior Network Engineer