Nagios Consultants/Commercial Support in Melbourne

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 1 09:53:48 CEST 2009

Ian Orszaczki wrote:
> Hi, I work for a fairly large company looking for at replacing/upgrading our
> monitoring system.  We are now on Nagios 3.06 monitoring 1300 hosts and 8500
> services via ssh (all from one server).
>
> Does anybody know of any company offering Nagios consultancy or support in
> Melbourne (or elsewhere in Australia) ? Its something that upper management
> need before they will consider sticking with Nagios longer term.
>
> I look forward to any responses including feedback on good/bad experiences
> with them.

I've had fairly good experience with op5. They pay me money to write programs
and stuff. It's awesomely fun ;-)

On a more serious note, http://www.nagios.org/support/servicepartners/ lists
all the support partners that are serious enough to have contacted Ethan to
let him know they're providing support. It seems Australia lack any
professional Nagios support providers at the moment.

op5 (where I work) can provide Nagios support world wide, although not yet
with ad-hoc phone support outside european office hours (it's under way).

Groundworks Opensource claims to work worldwide, but insofar as I know they
have no customers outside the US.

NetWays also claim to work worldwide. I do not know if they have customers
in your timezone as I'm not that up-to-date on their customer list.

Groundworks and NetWays work mainly on consultancy basis, tailoring
solutions for each customer. op5 work mainly as a support company, although
we do provide a wide range of addons that make our customers require very
little help with their monitoring systems.

I've forwarded your email to our sales manager, so I'm sure someone will
contact you later on. Sorry if you didn't want that, but since you asked for
professional support I'd be sort of neglecting my job obligations if I
didn't. Besides, with a little luck I might be sent to Australia at some
point if we team up, and free trips are always nice ;-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.