Authntication/NIS

narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com
Wed Sep 24 01:51:43 CEST 2008

This may help.

http://www.math.tu-clausthal.de/~matsa/linux/apache-nis/

Regards,

Naren

-----Original Message---
--
From: stan [mailto:stanb at panix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:43 PM
To: nagios List
Subject: [Nagios-users] Authntication/NIS

I am trying to get a Nagios installation in production. I have most of
the
first phase of it working as desired, but the final hurdle to getting it
actually used is setting up authentication for the users.

Now, in a perfect world, I would as soon not have authentication turned
on,
but the contractor i have doing the work tells me that Nagios will not
work
without this. I have a mail machine that all of  my users do have
accounts
on, and I would like to use it as an NIS master to allow the users to
re-use their existing credentials to access Nagios, and nagvis.

Has anyone gotten this working? Any tips? We seem to be struggling to
get
this working. At present the machine running Nagios will allow users to
log
in to it using their NIS credentials, but we are struggling to get
Apache to
understand how to check NIS for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

programs.

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world
reporting any issue.