service notifications inhert host

Richard Savage richard at newnet.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 14:09:05 CEST 2008

Hi

Ive had a look throught the nagios documentiation and cannot find
anything about this, and was wondering if it was possible.

What I would like to do is when defining the hosts define the contact
there and then for the services that run under that host to use the
contact details under the host definintion, thus eliminating the need to
define contact details within the services file??

The reason I ask, is that all the services are grouped together, e.g
HTTP, but within the HTTP service there are different hosts which need
to notify different people.  Hence why im not keen to split up the HTTP
service into lots of HTTP services with differnt contact details.

So basically can you force nagios to use the contact details defined
within the host to be used for all host and service notifications?

Thanks in advance

Rich