Nagios 3 distributed monitoring and NSCA

Jonathan Call jcall at verio.net
Wed Sep 10 21:45:20 CEST 2008

In Nagios 2.x Nagios the Obessive Compulsive Service Processor (OCSP) is
not very robust. Even with a few hundred service checks the OCSP stuff
on the distributed servers bogs down and does not send anything out.
This forced people like me to use tools like OCP_daemon.

Has the OCSP infrastructure improved in Nagios 3? I need it to be robust
enough to handle ~2500 service checks.

Jonathan

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.