nagios check_sip plugin

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 10 00:06:11 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Robert McNaught wrote:

> I'm getting it working OK when I su to nagios and run the command
> from the CLI:
>
> [nagios at lab01 libexec]$ ./check_sip -u sip:username at hostname.com
> SIP/2.0 200 OK, 0.016589 seconds response
> time|rtt=0.016589s;0.5s;1s;0:10; code=200
>
> I can watch the SIP server and see the Options message coming in and
> the OK going back out.
>

> My command definition based on the above command in nagios is:

Looks correct.

> When I run the nagios config check utility, I get no errors.  I never
> see any messages coming in on the SIP server when the check is done.
>
> Its like it is not trying to run the check_sip script.

The plugin debugger I posted yesterday might be useful here. http://www.waggy.at/nagios/capture_plugin.htm
. You should be able to tell from the web interface if nagios tried to
run it or not based on it's status. You can also force an immediate
run of the plugin there as well.

> I am worried that this is wrong as I am not sure how the syntax works:
>
>        check_command                   check_sip!sip:username at hostname.com

Your usage is correct based on your command definition.

--
Marc