Problems with NDOUtils

Ronaldo A. Bueno Filho ronaldobf at linkway.com.br
Thu Sep 4 09:39:01 CEST 2008

Hi again!

I have already checked all files permissions and ownership. I've changed it
and was still not working, anyway, I found and solved the problem... I just
remade everything and when I was creating the files to compile, using
./configure, I saw that there were some statements with "no". The list is
shown below:

checking ltdl.h usability... no
checking ltdl.h presence... no
checking socket.h usability... no
checking socket.h presence... no
checking tcpd.h usability... no
checking tcpd.h presence... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for main in -lwrap... no
checking for mysql_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

To solve it, I installed the following libs using apt-get:

libltdl3-dev
libmysqlclient15-dev
libwrap0-dev

I just deleted the files and created it again using ./configure
For now, there are still errors ("no" statements) on my output. Before I had
problems with tcpd.h and socket.h. Now I have only the socket error, as you
can see below:

checking socket.h usability... no
checking socket.h presence... no
checking for socket.h... no
checking for mysql_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

the problem above to connect to lmysqlclient, is because it uses socket to
connect. All I did was to change the ndo2db.cfg and ndomod.cfg within
/usr/local/nagios/etc/ to use tcp in socket_type.

It works!!!

Notice thar I am still not able to use unix in socket_type due the problem
when generating the files. (did not find socket.h)

I found it on my debian the following socket.h

/usr/include/asm-x86_64/socket.h
/usr/include/sys/socket.h
/usr/include/asm/socket.h
/usr/include/linux/socket.h
/usr/include/bits/socket.h
/usr/include/asm-i486/socket.h

Using diff, I see that all files are different from each other so I just
left it as it is. If you know some lib that contains the socket.h or if you
know how can I do to NDO find it, I appreciate. Anyway, now it is working
under tcp socket_type.

My hint is:

Take a look on the ./configure output. If there is any "no", find the lib,
install it and issue again ./configure.

Thanks

--
Ronaldo A. Bueno Filho